Quick Guide for MICA 2024 Proxy Voting
Your vote is important in shaping the future of MICA. Follow these simple steps:
1. Access Your Voting Link:
- Find your unique voting link in the email from email@example.com with the subject "Your Decision Matters: Participate in MICA’s 2024 Proxy Today!"
- Clicking this link will take you directly to the voting page — no login necessary.
2. Alternate Login Method:
3. Cast Your Vote:
- Choose “For” or “Withhold Vote” for each candidate.
- If you don’t vote for a candidate, it will count as a “For” vote for them.
4. Submit Your Vote:
- After voting, click “Continue,” then “Confirm” to complete the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I vote for these candidates?
Please see the attached report from the MICA Nominating Committee which includes bios from this year’s slate of nominees. Each candidate has demonstrated the interest, commitment, and qualifications necessary to serve on the Board of Trustees of MICA.
Why are there board candidates who are not physicians?
As a physician-founded and physician-directed mutual insurance company, MICA is committed to representing independent medical practices. MICA’s Board of Trustees complements its majority-physician board with a full governing body that includes distinguished professionals whose collective expertise encompass complex healthcare insurance models and financial, investment and tax oversight.
How do I vote?
- The quickest way to submit your vote is online at http://www.micaproxy.com. Check your email for your unique login credentials. You may also contact Customer Service at 877-215-6422 or firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
- If you received the proxy materials via mail, complete and return your signed proxy card using the enclosed postage paid envelope.
- You can also fax your signed proxy card to 602-468-1710.
For help, email email@example.com or call 877-215-6422.
Thank you for participating and making your voice heard in MICA’s decision-making!
MICA Declares $15 Million Dividend
MICA announced today that its Board of Trustees has declared a policyholder dividend of $15 million to be allocated among current members as of December 31, 2023, the record date. The dividend represents approximately 18% of their 2023 annual earned premium and will be distributed in February 2024.
“We are proud to extend our record of issuing policyholder dividends while rigorously adhering to MICA’s mission to protect, support and defend the practice of medicine,” said Edward G. Marley, MICA’s President and CEO. “This dividend distribution is a testament to MICA’s longstanding financial strength and stability, and we are delighted to share the company’s success with our members.
- Click here to read the press release
MICA Once Again Rated A (Excellent) by AM Best - 2023
Mutual Insurance Company of Arizona® (MICA) announced that AM Best has affirmed its Financial Strength Rating (FSR) of A (Excellent) and its Issuer Credit Rating (ICR) of a+ (Excellent) both with a stable outlook. MICA Risk Retention Group, Inc. also received a rating of A (Excellent), a+ (Excellent) with a stable outlook.
“MICA is proud of its continued financial excellence as exemplified by our approach to business and the ongoing recognition by AM Best,” said MICA President and CEO Ed Marley. “MICA’s commitment to the independent physicians, advanced health care professionals, and group practices we cover remains stronger than ever. The people at MICA live our mission every day, and we are committed to bringing value to our members.”
- Click here to read the press release
MICA Appoints Edward G. Marley as New President and Chief Executive Officer
Mutual Insurance Company of Arizona (MICA) announced that Edward G. Marley will be the organization’s new President and Chief Executive Officer, effective September 1, 2022. As MICA’s President and CEO, Mr. Marley will succeed James Carland, MD, who has led MICA as President and CEO since 1997 and as Chairman of the MICA Board of Trustees since 2003. Dr. Carland will continue as Executive Chairman of MICA’s Board of Trustees.
- Click here to view the press release
Reporting a Claim
To report a claim, occurrence, or lawsuit, call the MICA Claim Department at 800-352-0402 or 602-956-5276. Policyholders can also report a claim to MICA 24/7 by logging in to their account via the website. Simply click "Report a Claim or Potential Claim" at the bottom of the page. Reporting will only take a few minutes, and our MICA claim staff will follow up.
Policyholders should report any occurrence, claim, or lawsuit as soon as possible. By reporting immediately, you may be able to recall crucial details. The first report of a claim must be made by telephone or by our online reporting tool.
Report a Cyber Attack or Data Breach:
- Call 800-352-0402 or 602-956-5276 (Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. MST)
- For urgent matters that occur outside of regular business hours, contact Tokio Marine HCC’s breach support team by calling 888-627-8995. Please be prepared to identify yourself as a MICA policyholder and provide a declaration page or coverage form, if available.
Free Risk Management Resources
MICA's Risk Management Services department can address members’ immediate medical professional liability questions and less urgent questions about daily operations. MICA members can call the Risk Management Hotline 800-705-0538 to schedule complimentary on-site or online education, professional liability risk assessments, and telephone or Zoom consultations. Risk management inquiries can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MICA's Medical Liability Library
MICA's Medical Liability Library is a digital collection of articles designed to help you protect your medical practice. The medical Liability Library will be updated regularly with new articles and industry updates relevant to running an independent medical practice.
- Visit MICA’s Medical Liability Library
Please see our Careers page for current employment opportunities with MICA.
Looking for Previous News and Updates ?