MICA features a challenging and professional work environment characterized by open communication, business casual working attire and flexible work schedules. We always welcome inquiries regarding employment opportunities with the company.
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program that supplements our pro-active employee focus. We also support professional growth opportunities to ensure employees are equipped with the knowledge, skills and abilities to provide exemplary client service.
Positions Currently Available:
The Customer Service Representative will be the primary contact for taking first notice information and initial entry of a claim into a data system. The Customer Service Representative will also be responsible for resolving or ensuring the timely resolution of all claim service questions from external customers, and providing internal customer support relating to the day to day operation of the department as well as provide back-up support to other unit’s positions.
The successful candidate must have a high school degree or GED, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent computer skills including MS Office and internet usage, familiarity with medical terminology, and accurately type 60 wpm.
We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, (including defined benefit pension plan), and a professional work environment.
Interested candidates should send their resume with salary requirement to:
- Email to HR@mica-insurance.com,
- Fax to 602-508-9487, or
- Mail to MICA HR, 2602 E. Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016.
Thank you for your interest in a career with MICA. EOE
The Assistant Director of Finance & Accounting is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of all internal and external financial statements, management reports, reinsurance reporting, statutory filings, and corporate budgets for multiple entities. The Asst. Director of F&A helps direct the day-to-day operations of the finance and accounting department including month-end closings, account reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger maintenance. The Asst. Director of F&A ensures compliance with all accounting policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; additional professional designations or credentials preferred
- Minimum 7 years of P&C insurance-related industry experience
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting principles and practices (STAT & GAAP)
- Experience preparing and filing the NAIC P&C Annual & Quarterly Statements (Yellow Book)
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in use of accounting and reporting systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel and Word
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organization & priority setting skills
- Ability to act and operate independently
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and third parties
If you meet these qualifications, please email your resume to HR@mica-insurance.com, or mail your resume to MICA HR, 2602 E. Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016. Thank you for your interest in a career with MICA.
Employee Benefits Programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Employee Life Insurance - paid 100% by MICA
- Optional Life Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Short- and Long-term Disability
- Self directed 401(k) with generous company matching program
- Defined benefit retirement plan
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement for approved educational courses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation Assistance for certain positions
Insurance coverage is offered for employees, family members and partners.
Bring your talents to MICA. We recognize that the best-qualified individuals, contributing their ideas and expertise, will enable us to continue our successful support of the healthcare community.
Disclaimer: The benefits identified herein and the eligibility of employees, family members, and partners are governed by the applicable plans. The company, in its sole discretion, and in accordance with applicable law, reserves the right to change and/or delete any or all of the above-listed benefits at any time.
NOTE to employment agencies and search firms: Please do not forward resumes to this web site. Your company's literature may be sent to MICA at the following address. MICA will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes received through this site.
Note to applicants and employment agencies: General letters of intent, without a detailed resume, will not be considered. MICA will also not consider unsolicited letters of intent with or without resumes.
MICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.