MICA features a challenging and professional work environment characterized by open communication, business casual working attire and flexible work schedules. We always welcome inquiries regarding employment opportunities with the company.
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program that supplements our pro-active employee focus. We also support professional growth opportunities to ensure employees are equipped with the knowledge, skills and abilities to provide exemplary client service.
Positions Currently Available:
The Legal Risk Management Consultant provides relevant professional liability risk management consultation and education to insureds, policyholders, and their representatives to promote patient safety and reduce the potential for and fortify the defense of professional liability claims. The Legal Risk Management Consultant assists and supports the Underwriting Department with evaluating health care professional liability risk for prospective and existing insureds and recommends risk management services and products for risk mitigation and elimination. The Legal Risk Management Consultant also assists and supports the Claims Department as directed by the Vice President, Claims and the Vice President, Risk Management.
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
- Active and unencumbered license to practice law in at least one state
- Insurance defense, professional liability defense, healthcare law, or other applicable experience of 3 or more years
- Legal research and writing experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Travel up to 20% within or outside of state
2602 E. Thomas Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Fax: (6025) 508-9487
Employee Benefits Programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Employee Life Insurance - paid 100% by MICA
- Optional Life Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Short- and Long-term Disability
- Self directed 401(k) with generous company matching program
- Defined benefit retirement plan
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement for approved educational courses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation Assistance for certain positions
Insurance coverage is offered for employees, family members and partners.
Bring your talents to MICA. We recognize that the best-qualified individuals, contributing their ideas and expertise, will enable us to continue our successful support of the healthcare community.
Disclaimer: The benefits identified herein and the eligibility of employees, family members, and partners are governed by the applicable plans. The company, in its sole discretion, and in accordance with applicable law, reserves the right to change and/or delete any or all of the above-listed benefits at any time.
NOTE to employment agencies and search firms: Please do not forward resumes to this web site. Your company's literature may be sent to MICA at the following address. MICA will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes received through this site.
Note to applicants and employment agencies: General letters of intent, without a detailed resume, will not be considered. MICA will also not consider unsolicited letters of intent with or without resumes.
MICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.