MICA features a challenging and professional work environment characterized by open communication, business casual working attire and flexible work schedules. We always welcome inquiries regarding employment opportunities with the company.
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program that supplements our pro-active employee focus. We also support professional growth opportunities to ensure employees are equipped with the knowledge, skills and abilities to provide exemplary client service.
Positions Currently Available:
The Underwriter is responsible for evaluation of risks and acceptability of new applications, renewals and change requests in accordance with the current MICA underwriting standards and guidelines. This includes thorough analysis and documentation of medical professional liability exposures, policy coverage – prior and current, claim and loss history, training and experience to make effective and efficient decisions. This position must work effectively with all other departments to meet company goals. The Underwriter must be able to juggle multiple assignments and prioritize work, tasks and schedules. It is expected that the underwriter can and will handle a heavy workload with minimal supervision. This position is expected to have heavy interaction with policyholders and brokers.
- Insurance experience of 3-5 years preferred.
- Strong communication skills – oral and written.
- Industry designation preferred (RPLU/CPCU/etc)
- Sound decision making skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated and able to manage work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Experience with automation systems including document/records management and workflow information systems.
- Highly organized, disciplined and able to handle large workload within established time frame parameters.
- Team player.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
If you meet these qualifications, please email your resume to HR@mica-insurance.com, or mail your resume to MICA HR, 2602 E. Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016. Thank you for your interest in a career with MICA.
Employee Benefits Programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Employee Life Insurance - paid 100% by MICA
- Optional Life Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Short- and Long-term Disability
- Self directed 401(k) with generous company matching program
- Defined benefit retirement plan
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement for approved educational courses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation Assistance for certain positions
Insurance coverage is offered for employees, family members and partners.
Bring your talents to MICA. We recognize that the best-qualified individuals, contributing their ideas and expertise, will enable us to continue our successful support of the healthcare community.
Disclaimer: The benefits identified herein and the eligibility of employees, family members, and partners are governed by the applicable plans. The company, in its sole discretion, and in accordance with applicable law, reserves the right to change and/or delete any or all of the above-listed benefits at any time.
NOTE to employment agencies and search firms: Please do not forward resumes to this web site. Your company's literature may be sent to MICA at the following address. MICA will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes received through this site.
Note to applicants and employment agencies: General letters of intent, without a detailed resume, will not be considered. MICA will also not consider unsolicited letters of intent with or without resumes.
MICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.